In face of human technological advancement during the Meiji Restoration, the youkai of Japan were forced to make a hard decision:
1) To remain as youkai and watch over the land. 2) To return to the netherworld. 3) To give up their power and status as youkai and live amongst humans. While there were some that chose otherwise, the majority of the youkai decided it was best to become human. It was tough, but as time passed these youkai were able to blend in with the human world and live peacefully amongst them. However, blood is thicker than water. The offspring of these youkai displayed the powerful abilities of their ancestors in times of great anxiety, often manifesting in horrible and dangerous ways, and were labeled by society as monsters. Officially their condition was named “Acquired Systemic Special Heredity variety Syndrome”, or “ASSHS” for short and treated as a non-contagious illness, but the common people began to refer to them as Jinyous (half-youkai) nevertheless. Of these Jinyous, most were sent to Kamizawa City: an isolated urban area walled off from the rest of Japan to keep all the Jinyous together and away from the human population. However, the ones that were deemed especially dangerous were sent to a medical facility on an uncharted island near the shores of Japan where they would be under constant surveillance. Takabe Ryouichi was one of those who were sent to said island at the age of five. This is a story about him along with the girl called Suzu, his only friend on the island, escaping to Kamizawa city to live a normal life. What they didn’t expect was that Suzu carried a secret that attracted much unwanted attention…
Our site does not work properly with Adblock. The image gallery of Ayakashibito above should work without adblock. We keep ads and pop ups minimum so please whitelist us (Learn how).
How to install?
- You’ll need to change locale to Japanese.
- Run Aya.bat and when asked, type Y and press enter. This program is registry key adder. Thanks to Zakamutt!
- If you want to move the game folder after running the .bat file, you’ll have to run it again or the game will not start.
- It’s recommeded that you play this game using the MS Pゴッシク font. To do so, you need to change the font manually in the config screen after installing the game and running it for the first time. Other fonts are not supported, and may experience text bleeds or other factors that may diminish your enjoyment.
- Known Issues:
- Two consecutive longer lines in the backlog may overshadow each other
- Some words very-very occasionally may have few characters extending out the textbox
- The word-wrapper occasionally splits ―― across lines.
- * doesn’t appear properly, as in usage of *giggle* and the like
- If you’re seeing this error 84u2e.png you’re missing codecs, update/get K-Lite Codec Pack or a similar codec pack.
- Fullscreen Aspect Ratio
- If you can’t stretch the game while in fullscreen, right click on the .exe file, go to compatibility, set it to “Compatible with windows 95” and launch the game.
- Dual Core Pentium or equivalent Processor.
- Intel HD 2000 or equivalent Graphics.
- 2.89 GB of free disk space (Recommended to have twice as much free disk space than this).
Ayakashibito – Finished – Version Final Download Links